What is self-care?
I believe self-care includes any intentional actions you take to care for your physical, mental and emotional health.
Below I wanted to dropped some information I found:
The benefits of self care are many. Being pulled in so many directions all at once and catering to the needs of others in you life-you family, children, office staff, friends, can leave us exhausted at times. It’s like we have put yourself at the bottom of our “to do” list. People, especially women, put their own self-care at last, considering it to be of least priority. Read on to know the common benefits of self care.
Main benefits of self care
- Your mind and body get the chance to slow down and relax.
- You gain a fresh new perspective towards life, feeling positive.
- You get the joy of time by being with yourself, another of the benefits of self care.
- You create positive feelings of happiness, calm and peace within.
- You are able to refill your energy level back for all the caring, giving, serving, helping
- You attain a balanced living both in terms of self-care and the care from others that you are open to receiving, which is one of the main benefits of self care.
- You minimize any stress by doing your favorite things, while increasing your overall health and well-being.
- You feel healthy and good about your body.
- Your soul feels at peace and remains in harmony with what’s going on around.
Replenishment, relaxation and renewal are the common benefits of self care. We all know it is not easy to take out time for ourselves in the midst of our hectic life style and with so many competing demands on our time. But by knowing the many benefits of self care can encourage one to think in this direction. Its high time you made yourself a priority.
As a mother I sometimes struggle to do self-care. It is hard taking acre of yourself when so many other people need you. I have had to learn the hard way, seeing myself fall into a dark hole, full of emotions because I’m not taking care for myself. I’m no good to anyone like that or to myself either.
I had to make a plan to take care of me first before anyone else. I know I feel bad type that. But it is needed to be the best mother, wife, sister and daughter that I can be. I had to come up with away to get time to myself everyday.
On my plan is a list of all the things I will do for my self-care time. Come up with your own ideas and please share them with me.
- Take a nice shower and light some candles
- Paint my nails
- Do my hair (yes, I never do my hair anymore)
- Get a Pedi
- Read a great book
- Workout (EVERYDAY for 30mins)
- Eat well all day no junk
- Love on my family (kids and partner)
Some of the things I will not do them everyday. The one self-care thing I want to do everyday is workout.
I have to make myself stick to this plan of self-care. I know it will help with feeling overwhelmed and like your losing it. Sometime us mothers need to take a break and breath before starting again.
So far since I started doing self-care, I can tell a real difference in myself. I feel happier and I’m not as stressed as before. I hope my ideas for self-care help you.
Also I will keep posting my self care for myself and my ideas on how to get everyone in the family doing self care. One of the best gift you can give your children.
Thanks for reading! Aleisha